Friday, August 26, 2005

It's Alive

and kicking.

There were no losers last night. The last two years in Cricket were like, urghh... I don't know, but they were like...baaad!

One-day-cricket had almost made me quit watching cricket and I am not following the one day series in Zimbabwe. But just When I thought I was out they pulled me back in.

The Ashes has brought cricket back to me. Trust me, Test cricket is the real thing. Last night, at Trent Bridge... England were cruising on their way to a very well deserved victory when the Aussies showed the world once again why they are the best at what they do. Bret Lee, in particular, impressed me. His celebration after getting Freddy Flintoff gave me goosebumps. It was that scary.

It was close, closer than the score line suggests. In the battle of nerves, it was the composure of Giles that got England through... and that's when I decided it was safe to breathe again. phew, what a match!

To sum it up, this match was all about guts and glory... and it has reminded me why I love Cricket. It's a battle... and its not for boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home