Monday, January 10, 2005

I'll have it toasted, if you please.

Its a funny word, toast. You could be the toast of all or you could simply be toast.

I joined this new club in my company. goes by the name of Toastmaster's club, a member of Toastmaster's international, a group of people in the U S of A making everybody's speaking skills, just a little bit better.

So, here I am. I have been informed that I shall have the glorious opportunity of making my first public speech tomorrow. As I sit here now, I would much rather jump off a 50 story building with a parachute that has a hole the size of a minor asteroid.

As it happens, there are no 50 story buildings here in Chennai, and I shall indeed be making that speech. I wonder what will happen?? Will I be the toast or quite simply, will I be toast??

1 Comments:

Blogger Kartikeya said...

Well althogh its history now but I know you were neither the toast nor were allowed to toast ;-)

7:04 PM, January 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home