Monday, November 21, 2005

Dude, where's the story?

Did you watch the latest Harry Potter? Well, I did… and to say that I was disappointed would be an understatement. I am n HP fan... and I would have liked to see the director stick to the book. The quidditch world cup was glossed over, but that was ok… that’s not important in the larger scheme of things, but the death eaters' march through the tents was skimmed through too… why? I thought that was important. I know it’s a big book to shrink into one movie… but once you take up the challenge, u better do a good job!

Dumbledore, in my opinion, is a very cool, in control kind of character in the book. In the movie, he did not look like any body Neville Longbottom would be afraid of… let alone Voldermort. Running about, shouting, shrinking from the light of the Goblet… come on…! The man seemed out of his depth handling a school event…. And this is the man who the entire wizarding world holds in awe? This is character assassination!!

Special effects are good... but that’s not all a movie is about. I don’t know if there’s a razzie for worst adapted screenplay... but if there is… GOF is a shoo-in for that one. What was all that with the Dragon??? Fancy flying is good to see, but not at the expense of the plot… Mr. Director apparently did not have enough time to give us the whole story… but he did have enough to waste on sp effects.

The only redeeming part of the movie was Voldermort. He looked exactly as I had imagined him (both before and after his resurrection). One can only hope that the next movies are a more mature product.

I might sound a bit peeved… but that’s probably because I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenifer said...

Absolutely agreed. Even I felt so disappointed after watch the movie. Dumbledore was pathetic. He was looking more like a clown unlike his character of being the greatest wizard in the world.
The movie was so confusing for those who have not read the book. So many important details were simply dropped off.

However, The dark lord was awesome. Looked perfectly as in book. Scary... Well played by Ralph Fiennes.

2:03 AM, November 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home